tirsdag 10. november 2009

And injustice deliciously squared

If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?

Can I trust in my own heart
Or am I just one part
Of some big plan?
~

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

Tears of pain, tears of joy
One thing nothing can destroy
Is our pride, deep inside
We are one

- - -

I've been watching Disney movies alot lately, my favourite being The Lion King. One thing I realize when I watch it is that they focus alot on pride... like it's something we all have and we can rely on to always be there or something. And here I thought pride was a bad thing... seeing as it is one of the seven deadly sins, after all. -_- well, I guess I was wrong *sarcastically* Anyway, I suppose that's a good thing then, seeing as I know pride would be my sin.

So, here are some youtube vids you should check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGIoRUlzE2Q - which is the best song from the Lion King movie :] Simba is so great, and full of excitement and expectations for his future as king... I think it just shows his point of view as a child destined for something unusual. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsblUlaeJm8 - and this is the same song, only in Norwegian... I have this thing that I prefer to watch children's movies in Norwegian, because obviously that's what I used to when I was little and didn't understand anything else :P I remember I absolutely hated English movies, and I always wanted them to be dubbed to Norwegian... :P Now I hate dubbs, but children's movies are different ^^

Well, my drawing of a house in perspective is almost finished, and it looks quite good, so I'm happy :]
Also, have you heard of this thing called NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month. I think it's such a cool thing :P

Well, later ^^


~Leene~ "Our teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared." xoxx

4 kommentarer:

  1. lol pride (depending on how much u use it) isn't a sin, and definately isn't a sin of yours! :)

    lol i love that first song ^^ it might b my sadistic nature but seeing zazoo get tortured is so funny to me!:P

    ooo, exciting! now i can learn norwegian too :D. lol i was the same, but only with japanese films. i can't watch japanese...or mongolian. take it back i just can't watch ANY dubbed films lol :P but for some reason kids films are an execption too...lol this makes no sense, right?

    lol i have no idea what that is! to tell me more :)
    oo, i wanna see ur house!!!!!:D

    *pats* ^^ have a lovely day!
    <3
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    SvarSlett
  2. :P it isss, google 7 deadly sins, I swear :P pride, gluttony, lust, greed, rage/wrath, envy and sloth. :P thanx, but out of the seven... it's either pride or greed... and I'll go with pride on that one :P even though it's the worst of the deadly sins... (a) :P oh well.

    Hahah, I know what u mean! And his voice is Mr. Bean :D lol, makes me laugh.

    It makes perfect sense, it's what we remember as normal, and homey. :P I feel safe watching them in norwegian, like somehow I'm still a little part of the person I used to be. it's extremely comforting :P but then again, I'm mental, so ^^

    haha, it's where u have to write 50 000 words on a book/story during the whole of November. U get from 1st of nov till 30th. :P I haven't done it myself, but I really think it's cool. it's not too late ;) lol.

    *hugs* thank you, you too! :D
    <33

    SvarSlett
  3. lol but sin makes life interesting ;) :D *haha, dorian has escaped!*

    :o i never realised it was him! lol zazoo kinda looks like mr bean in an odd way...*pfff!*
    indeed, it is funny ^^

    lol ur not mental! i just got really cute images of u as a child watching that :) it must be nice having that feeling - something to be proud of ^^

    you should do it! ...on dorian grey :D lol 50,000 is actually quite a lot considering my coursework is about 2,000 max. (that's about 2 pages atleast)

    *HUGS* you're most welcome deary ^^
    awh thankoo ^^

    <33333

    xxxxxxxx

    SvarSlett
  4. *actually it's about 3 pages, lol what's wrong with this silly keyboard?!

    SvarSlett